This panel is composed with four parts :
- Angle of attack gauge : a micro servomotor turns the needle with two gears (10 teeth and 30 teeth).
- UHF repeater display. a 8 characters LCD displays the frequencie or the loaded channel
- Clock. a 2×8 charracters LCD displays the time and the chronographe.
- Standby attitude indicator : it isn’t used and it’s a draw.
The three used parts are managed by a microcontroller Microship PIC16F767.
Too, this microcontroller manages the auxiliary langing gear handle and the two MFCD ON/DAY/NIGHT switches.
This panel is connected to a own IIC hub by a 8-wire cable :
- Input are sent via a IIC bus to IIC slave USB card. (2 wires)
- Ouput are received from a second IIC bus from a IIC master USB card. (2 wires)
- Power takes 2 wires (ground and +5V)
- Back light takes 2 wires
A steel back board painted in black is used to support:
- AoA needle
- UHF LCD display
- clock display and its two buttons
- SAI button that isn’t used
The rear board supports two connectors :
- communication and black light connector (on the right)
- MFCD O/D/N switches and auxiliary gear handle